View Single Post

Aurbere
12.28.2012 , 08:45 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
This is my post on the behalf of Mandalore. I have a sinking feeling this is for not, and that Grievious will in, but I have to play devils advocate here.

Neither did the SE, but they won. Also, Mandalore was known to recruit other species into his armies. He did so when he became Mandalore and wanted to rebuild the clans. He also used politics to help build his army. Although this may not help to much(no outside parties) he may be able to get some key CIS member to join his side. He is also known to test his enemy to see if he would win a battle, and would not easily fall into a trap or other situation that he couldn't win.

Mandalore didn't lose. He almost never did. He tried to always win, even to the point of nuclear attacks just to make sure his of his victory. He sacked the entire world of Althir. He destroyed much of the planet Cathar (this is why they hate Mandalorians.) He nearly made Cathar extinct when he bombed their planet! What says he wouldn't do it again?

As I said earlier, he can destroy the super tanks with explosives and even if they cripple him, there were only 24 ever recorded.

Now to Cassus Fett- the man who turned the Mandalorians into a war machine. He standardized Neo-Crusader armor, and led the siege of Taris. He massacred the Cathar people, and tested the strength of Republic soldiers and ships with Mandalore. He was Mandalore's second in command, and an excellent fighter and strategist. Neo-Crusaders where at first a cult, but Fett began to spread the word to Mandalore, who encouraged it. He didn't simply conquer worlds, Fett made them Mandalorian worlds, and gave them his culture.

Fett was never even killed, merely presumed dead. He killed the captain of a Republic flagship and lived. He even became the most wanted man in the galaxy. Fett killed thousands of people simply for revenge, or honor. He used trickery in his tactics and was as ruthless as you can be. The CIS would know next to nothing about him either, as even the Republic who fought him thought he was a mere thug.

Alright, those are my arguments for Mandalore. Debate them if you must, but I will defend my post to the death!
The SE won because of their Force users (I still question that decision but it doesn't matter) and last time I checked, Mandalore didn't have Force users. Not only that, but the Mandalorians pretty much fell apart when Revan and the Revanchists joined the war. They still put up a good fight, but there was a clear change in momentum when Revan joined the war.

Grievous was able to fight a war against some of the most powerful Jedi ever. Not only that, but Grievous was able to keep up with the massive shipyards of Kuat and Rothana. Mandalore faced a Republic that was still damaged from the devastation that Exar Kun brought about during the Great Sith War. No one questions the capabilities of the Mandalorians, but they didn't face the monster that was the Republic industry at the time of the Clone Wars. Grievous was able to force the Republic to spread its forces thin across the galaxy.

The Mandalorians would be confronted by an unlimited number of battle droids, heavy assault vehicles and fleets that could contend with some of the most powerful ships constructed. Mandalore doesn't have Force users like the Republic. He doesn't have billions of soldiers. And he doesn't have the industrial might to to stop Grievous.

We know Mandalorians can beat the standard B1 Battle Droids, but can they stop the merciless assault from AAT's, Hailfire droids, Spider Droids, Dwarf Spider Droids etc.? No. He just doesn't have the forces to do it. Each battle (even a victory) is going to wear down Mandalore's numbers. The casualties stack up, especially when you don't have limitless numbers like the CIS. Losses don't matter when you can simply make more. Mandalore doesn't have that luxury.

Not to mention the fact that Grievous can just send Ventress to kill Mandalore and Fett. And she can kill them.

Mandalore wins a few battles, but he gets overwhelmed by the sheer numbers and production capabilities of the CIS.
Added Chapter 40 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus