View Single Post

Canino
12.27.2012 , 02:22 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
I feel that almost everything that needs to be said here has been said. The Mandos just don't have the numbers, industry, or Jedi that the Republic had while fighting the CIS. They will lose.

However I'd like to make a point concerning the droid army: look at how what happened at Naboo. Droid armies always have that all-important generator. Once it is down, the army is useless. It can't be TOO hard to shut down a army of droids, after all: a small fighter squad was able to do that. We need to consider if/how Mando strike teams could do such a thing. Regardless, I'm sure this will take an effect on the battle somehow.

Also: if/when these droids are shut down, would it be possible for the Mandos to re-program these droids? I don't know if the Mandos are capable of such a thing, but if they could pull this off, it'd make a difference.

If the Mandos can do what I just suggested then they'll make it an interesting fight, but I'm afraid they'll still lose the war. In the end, it won't be a landslide win for the Greivous, but it won't be close either.
This is a good point. As much as I would like to see Mandalore win, I know he won't. But, I figure I'll play devils advocate and help him along so you guys can debate some more

Anyway, Mando commandos might/probably be able to take down the program ships, which powered the droids. See Battle of Naboo for details. Also, I think I know what could beat the super tanks....

Bombs/grenades/explosives. Super Tanks have weak undersides, and thus explosive planted in the ground, or tossed under them will destroy the tank. This method was used to destroy 20 of them.

Also, the tanks were experimental. The number is unknown, but the least amount is only 24, and those are the only ones ever recorded in battle.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------