View Single Post

Beniboybling
12.27.2012 , 08:09 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
I have something to say:

Taken from the SWTOR Encyclopedia, published in 2012:
Quote:
"But perhaps the most famous aspect of Mandalorian armor is its resistance to lightsabers, thanks to the special properties of the unique iron used in the armor's construction. Known as Beskar in their native language...."
So do Mandalorians get Beskar? Well, the newest source for SWTOR says so. If SWTOR mandos had it, obviously Mandalore the Ultimate had it as well.

It continues:
Quote:
"....this metal is exceptionally durable for its weight, though only a select few Mandalorian craftsmen know how to to work the metal to maximum efficiency."
It stands to reason that these advanced armor makers died out by the later years (AKA: The Clone Wars) and that is why we see the difference.

EDIT: However, as seen from the Usage section of this Wookeepedia article, it was only used in full suits very rarely. Usually, it was employed in gloves or smaller pieces of armor that are used less.

So not every Mandalorian would have Beskar Armor.

I also cannot find proof that Neo-crusaders used Beskar at all.

What does this mean?
1. Certain Mandos might have an occasional defensive advantage
2. Mandalore (who we assume has full Beskar) can face Grevious and not auto-lose

And just so y'all know, I'm siding with Grievous on this one. Just wanted to even the playing feild for Mandalore.
Very informative, I think this will be K-Canon in our approach to Mandalorian iron. And there is actually proof that Neo-Crusaders used Beskar. See here. In physical and technical specifications it lists structure as Mandalorian Iron. The source of this is most likely an anonymous Neo-Crusader from KOTOR or KOTOR 2 boasting about his beskar, I seem to recall that. So we can assume that Neo-Crusader armour was reinforced with beskar at least.
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Methinks Greivous wins.

I would compare the Mandos army to the Clone army, only there aren't nearly as many Mandos as there are clones. That's a problem for MtU. The clones were barely able to beat the droids, even with the help of the Jedi. This spells a victory for Greivous.

The only thing (I can think of) that MtU really has that the clones didn't is Basilisk War Droids. They're definately a factor.

In the end I believe that Greivious will eventually overwelm MtU. Sad. I would much prefer MtU to win this battle. I am one of those people who cannot stand the B1 battle droids and I think their effectiveness is nearly zero. But canon says that these pathetic droids nearly beat the clones. With that in mind, I feel that they will beat MtU. Suckage.
B1 battle droids kinda suck. But Super Battle Droids, Magnaguards, Commando droids and Droidekas rule

Remember though:
The CIS were strong enough to challenge the Republic, however they were pretty much on the back foot for most of the Clone Wars which lasted only 3 years. But the Republic had the best defenses of any Republic era, the Grand Army of the Republic, as well as a formidable Republic navy.

The Mandalorians were also strong enough to challenge the Republic and in the first stages of the war where far more successful than the CIS ever were in the swift conquest of the Outer Rim. However once the Revanchists got involved, which was not even the full Force on the Jedi Order, they began to lose. However the Mandalorians managed to hold their own against the Republic for 16 years. However the Republic Navy and Army was not as effective as it was during the Clone Wars.

Just something to consider.