View Single Post

Rezakh
12.26.2012 , 11:46 PM | #514
Quote: Originally Posted by Bomyne View Post
For me $10 is chump change. I pay more for a meal at most fast food restaurants then I paid for Rise of the Hutt Cartel. The difference is that those meals are gone in 5 minutes. Rise of the Hutt Cartel will take a couple of hours at bare minimum.
Glad you can see it that way. I'm married with a baby, my wife and I are both college grads with 4 degrees between the 2 of us neither of which looking to give up their career paths. Long story short, there are times that there's little to no time to cook so eating out, even fast-food as nasty as that can be, ends up being more within the realm of necessity than luxury in those situations...given, rare situations. So, for us its pretty tough comparing food with video games.

Just our situation, not an argument. I remember when eating out was a pure luxury, but there are times when its really needed if you are avoiding eating super late or not at all.

But, I see the point. If you can spend $10 on a fast food meal, what's $10 for an expansion when both are entirely luxury/enjoyable items. Real life stuff just forces some to look at it very differently, which can be part of the hang up...maybe, not sure there.

And let's say, for you, worst case scenario Makeb is a complete bomb, OK, you lost a cheeseburger and fries, or a couple burritos, or whatever your fast food of choice is. I get it.