View Single Post

Saphra
12.26.2012 , 05:31 AM | #345
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
And why didn't they increase the reward at the same time, just like all the other HM?
I fail to see how having 2 Columi armor pieces, a Columi weapon, and a Rakata chest drop from one flashpoint isn't a marked upgrade from every other flashpoint. Every other flashpoint drops 2 or 3 Tionese pieces and a single Columi at the end, with MAYBE a Columi earpiece, implant (BoE, and usually reasonably priced on the GTN) or belt, all of which are minor gear pieces when compared with armor and weapons.

This may be incorrect, but I'm getting the impression that you don't do many ops either, or at least none that are punishing to people who don't obey mechanics. Do you find that they aren't worth the reward either?

I'm hearing "ERMAHGERD! It's sooooo hard! It should drop Campaign gearz!". But, hey... it's after 5 AM... sometimes my hearing is off when it gets to be this late.

(Edit) Also, if your argument is that people aren't doing the flashpoint, you're sorely mistaken. Every time I queue as tank or healer, I get a queue in less than a minute. Sometimes it's an experienced group, sometimes it's not. I've had little trouble with inexperienced groups that can listen to these simple instructions (Well, maybe Lorrick is a little more complex)

Boss 1: Ranged and healer, stick together and move out of stuff together around the outside of the room, interrupt incinerate, cleanse incinerate. Ignore adds.
Melee note: If there's melee in the group, the whole group may wish to stick together, (dps and healer BEHIND the boss) and the tank will move the boss along the outside of the room.
Plasma arc note: plasma arc can be largely ignored, but interrupting it is good, as long as you're sure you'll have an interrupt ready for incinerate.

Boss 2: Don't stand directly in front of him if you're not the tank. When he starts pounding his chest and casting Sav-Rak Smash, get friendly with what's under his loincloth. When he jumps up on a pipe, tank and dps hit your pre-assigned button, healer - stand in the middle and heal. Rinse and repeat until looting time.

Boss 3: Phase 1: Move out of stuff, fast. Help interrupt flurry of bolts. Keep your distance and/or stay behind him for "tricks up his sleeve", unless you're the tank, in which case, dodge the fans of satchel charges if you love your healer. When he disappears, dps the kolto tanks hard, and if the kolto tank doesn't get finished off, no worries, just finish off the add, then return to doing the boss thing. When you get past phase 1, life gets easier for everyone.
Phase 2 is cake. Dps him down, interrupt ravage, and move away from rakghouls. On top of being stunnable and puntable, they're slow.
Phase 3: Dps/Healing race. Try to put yourself between him and a wall to minimize knockback.

You may keep this and copy/paste it when you're in a PUG that needs guidance. These are roughly the same basic instructions that i give to every new person or group that I've done HM LI with, many of which have (unwisely) skipped SM LI.

It's worth 8 + 5 BH comms. Most players that i know do HM LI at least once a week for that, and some, like myself, do it more than once a week, due to alts and friends/guildies.

(It is now well after 6 AM, I may re-read the instructions tomorrow and fix the many probable mistakes)