I don't know if this helps anyone but i hope it will and i also hope that maybe some of us can put our heads together to try and figure this out. below is a email letter i get from tech support about our issue and on my end it seems to be a kernelbase.dll issue which it doesn't seem that there seems to be a fix for because it's in the microsoft user account i think. something about corrupted files or what have you. but if anyone knows or can think of a work around let's try and find one and post it up here. also as well like some others, my memory usage goes way up after a couple of hours and ctd's. goes up around to 70 or 80 percent before crashing and i have a decent video card and 4 gigs of ram. anyways hope this helps people even if it's in some small way, and like i said before if some of us can just get together and try some stuff and try sorting this out, then we can share it with the rest and maybe we'll end up finding a fix or workaround for at least some of us to be able to play. as for me the crashes are about every two hours or so on the nose so it's tough for me to run hm's ops, etc.
Thank you for the information you have provided to us, I sincerely would like to personally apologize for the delay in a response to your ticket and support request. We are attempting to do our utmost to provide support for our customers, we have encountered a large volume of contacts from our customers lately.
From review of your case and the information you have sent us.
I have reviewed your msinfo, this report is showing several KERNELBASE.dll failures, causing the Star Wars: The Old Republic process to crash, but there are also other applications which are crashing due to this error. As there are other applications crashing with this error, trying to trouble shoot this issue in regards to the game may not resolve the issue.
Unfortunately, the KERNELBASE.dll file is used by many Windows core processes for handling system and graphics memory in the computer and also this error has had several discussions on the Microsoft support sites that have linked the KERNELBASE.dll to a corrupt user profile or user account. I will need to ask you to please assist with further testing before I can give a clear troubleshoot for this issue.
If the issue still persists please try the following for your game crash issue:
1. Can you please test turning "User Account Control” to off as defined by Microsoft: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...trol-on-or-off
2. To make sure the game runs in Admin mode.
To do this please right click the following files:
- Launcher.exe is located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic"
- Swtor.exe is located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient"
Right click on the program that you want to fix, Click on “Properties”, Click on the “Compatibility” tab, Click on “Run this program as Administrator”
4. Can you please verify that you have checked your system memory for possible errors?
Please run memtest86+ (www.memtest.org
), please run the memtest at least 6 times to verify that there is no issues with computer memory.
4. Sometimes a card can have an internal defect that only shows up in one game. Every game has game graphic routines and when other games do not address a certain broken pipe on your card, it can work there without issues. If have some graphic test utilities on your computer could you please try to test your card, you may find some help on the forums of your manufacturer were other users may experience a similar issue. This will also establish if the issue is relating to graphical memory.
Also as I have mentioned previously, this issue has been linked to a corrupt user account / profile on several Microsoft Support Discussion Websites.
Should you need further assistance with this matter, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service