View Single Post

MasterMe
12.23.2012 , 07:58 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
You absolutely decided Vitiate would win before you started the thread. You also made up your mind ahead of time on the Revan vs. Traya debate. And you were not arguing for the underdog in that debate. All of the strong, regular debaters on this forum were arguing for Traya in that thread.

Look, I don't begrudge you your opinion. I just don't like it when you pretend that you are scoring arguments based on their merit when you are actually just handing more points to the argument you preferred from the start. You picked Vitiate because you were biased from the beginning, not because of any convincing arguments. This was billed as a battle of power bases. Sidious' power base is an order of magnitude stronger than Vitiate's. That's not a question of opinion. It's canon fact. On top of that, there wasn't a single plausible scenario offered for how Sidious could have been killed. I disagreed with you on the Revan v. Traya debate, and I thought you clearly made your mind up before the thread, but it wasn't egregious like this. There is simply no plausible way Vitiate's Sith Empire defeats the most powerful Sith ever and the most powerful Sith-led Empire ever. You are entitled to your opinion. But when you start a series of threads and claim you are an unbiased scorekeeper, then give the victory to the obviously weaker side simply because it was the one you preferred from the start, you make a "joke" out of the premise.

Nobody is unbiased. You clearly have an idea in your head of who would win these matchups before the debate starts, as does everyone else involved. So stop pretending your decisions are based on some sort of scoring on the merits of the discussion when they clearly are not.
Sure everybody is biased to an extent. We're never gonna be able to get away from that. I also believe that there was a little bit of biased-judging going on in the Traya vs Revan Kaggath, perhaps the Vitiate vs Sidious one too. But both sides to both of those arguments were full of debaters who made excellent points. Those battles could have gone either way. Like you said: everybody is biased. This does not exclude Beni. Take a look at youself. Put youself in Beni's shoes. Who do you think would have won? Obviously you would have thought Sidious. Then guess what? You would have been picking him from the start and would have "made up your mind" before the Kaggath had started. You would have also been a biased judge. So would I.

But I don't know why it is so hard for you to believe that we (people arguing for Vitaite) made a convincing argument. Accept it that these battles could go different ways and that not everybody is gonna see everything the same.