View Single Post

MasterMe
12.22.2012 , 11:06 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I didn't think I'd have to deal with such unpleasantness but here goes:

May I first say that my idea of who the winner would be was by no means decided before the debate had begun as the whole purpose of the installment was to determine who the victor would be during the battle. And my decision was not made until the very end. You may think otherwise as I seemed to support the Sith Empire the whole way through. But the fact is I always support the underrepresented or the underestimated which I feel it is my duty as Arbiter to keep the debate fair. In this case the Galactic Empire had more than competent debaters, such as Rayla, Aurbere and Wolfninjajedi, supporting it, while the Sith Empire did not have so many. So I chose to bring to light several points that the minority party may have overlooked. This is how I conduct all debates, go look back on previous installments (that is not rhetorical, please do). In every debate I take the side of, not who I think will necessarily win, but who lacks the most support. Such as Traya in the Traya vs Revan thread, as Revan had the overwhelming support of the Revan fanbois (if you excuse the term). And in Exar Kun vs Mandalore I supported Mandalore, despite believing that Exar Kun would win. What you are saying is by no means true and I hope in future debates other people can understand this.

I respect the fact that you have an opinion, that you think is the correct one, and I understand that not everyone is going to be pleased with the outcome. However when you begin imposing your opinion on others, and dismissing their own as 'ridiculous' and a 'joke' it becomes down right nasty. I highly doubt they are very impressed and most likely rather insulted by your comments, so I ask that you refrain from doing so, thank you.
*applauds*

And that, class, is how you annihilate a troll.