View Single Post

12.22.2012 , 10:37 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I can tell this is very important to you, but I'm havering a hard time following.

Sure, on my first level 50, when I basically sucked as a player, Columi took a long time to get.

BUT, every subsequent one was a breeze. My personal experience was it was pretty fast. So many over geared players queuing for group finder letting me need on drops, so many gear drops, it just went fast fast fast. When my gunslinger dinged 50, I was in 7 pieces of Rakata by the end of a single weekend. Heck, Dread Guard gear can be crafted, so with deep pockets you could buy BiS, and Black Hole comms are given out like candy at birthday party.

Now, I usually run into players in PvE gear when I pug. Occasionally I see a PvP geared player in a pug. Occasionally. It's not like an epidemic or anything.

And the PvP geared players I've personally run into (for the most part) have done fine.

Just so you know, I'm not trying to argue for or against anything. I'm genuinely confused by your vehemence on this subject as it doesn't seem like a problem to me.
You're trying to make out that I said columi was too hard to get rather than what I actually said that PvP gear is too easy. The subject of my post was not an argument on the chance of acquiring PvE gear but on how easy it is to acquire better gear from PvP with less effort.

While your argument says you've acquired all your rakata pieces in a weekend might be good for you, it doesn't always work out like that, at the end of the day you are not guaranteed to have a piece by the end of an op where as with war hero providing you've earned the comms (even if you've lost the matches and played poorly)
you'll earn the piece guaranteed.

My argument wasn't even about the gear drop system vs comms either, I'm not saying they should change anything of that nature, however the fact is PvP gear is far too viable for endgame PvE. It's not fair to people who just want to play PvE that someone else can skip half the PvE gearing route because they've bashed some other players in a warzone while the rest of us have to earn our drops to get up to that gear level.

In an ideal world all PvP gear shouldn't have more non-pvp stats than tionese, instead these stats should of been traded off for more PvP stats like more expertise, something that'll make players actually change their gear when they've come out of a warzone and gone into an op.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!