View Single Post

DarknessInLight
12.21.2012 , 10:13 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Connll View Post
Hey, guys, I am writing this in search of a small bit of info I havenīt been able to find. Everything I say in this post is based on outdated information, so it is probably wrong/innacurate by now.

Way back in 2011, it was said that SWTOR would be "very profitable" if it managed to hit 500k active subs. This was said in answer to a question if the dev expected Tor to dethrone WoW.

As far as I know, SWTOR had a peak of 2,5 million active subscriptions, and then this number started to dwindle rapidly, as more and more players finished the calss storylines.

Question is: how many active subscriptions TOR has today? I think it must be 300k tops, otherwise a transition to F2P wouldnīt be implemented so quickly. Also, is the number of subs finally stable? Or it still continues to drop?

Anyone knows the answer?
We obviously can't know the answer to that question. If you'll look, you will notice that the servers are loaded with players now, and at certain times, the servers are all full. EAWare may have to reopen some of the servers they closed about 5 months ago.
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu