View Single Post

Goretzu
12.21.2012 , 03:53 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
, and [2] I doubt any MMO will have 10 million active subscribers again. Ever. WoW was in the right place at the right time. If you're looking for another shooting star like that, you'll be looking for a while. Like ... maybe decades.

Personally, I'll stick to my May prognostication: 850,000 by the new year and over 1M by the next expansion's release. This game probably will never see 5M actives. But again, no MMO ever will. Titan could be the exception, but only if Chuck Norris does their TV commercials.

This is exactly true, which puzzles me with why MMORPG companies constantly copy WoW instead of innovating in new ways.

Personally if I had to guess I'd say SWTOR probably had between 500,000 and 750,000 subs now (from a low of ~500,000 to 400,000 just befoee F2P) however I don't think it is rising going from server numbers.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1