View Single Post

irishfino
12.20.2012 , 01:14 PM | #55
Telling Vette the First Time

“Vette, I don’t want to leave it like this,” Ald pleaded.

“We don’t always get what we want, Ald,” Vette replied. He could hear the tears in her voice and it stabbed at his chest. “Mark my words, this will come back to bite you. And next time, you might not survive him.”

With that said she left him. She left him there, alone, standing in the middle of his room like a lump. Defeated. Tired. Lonely. It was the jungle all over again and it hurt. She left him because he let Quinn come back. Maybe he wasn’t thinking logically, but Quinn was decent people when he wasn’t trying to murder you with giant robots. He was good at his job when his focus was his job and with Baras out of the picture…

He walked over to his bed and sat down hard. Vette would never trust him again and the crew... He sighed and buried his face in his hands. The crew remained loyal, but he could hear the whispered questions regarding his sanity and his priorities. A people in doubt were a people in need of leadership. How could he lead if they didn’t trust his decisions? Would they question him at every turn now? Love was fickle and rarely made sense. He snorted derisively. Love. Quinn had never admitted to having such feelings. He would go so far as to admit “remarkable fondness” but “I love you” was not in his vocabulary. It was quite obvious the man was far more than just fond of Ald, but, dammit, the words meant more when vocalized rather than shown through actions. Void, Ald could have been seeing things. Imagining the looks, the gestures, everything. Damn it all.

He wished, in this low moment, he had let his hair grow out. Then he would have hair to pull out when he screamed in frustration.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!