View Single Post

LordNyxus
12.20.2012 , 11:08 AM | #4
Again, it is very difficult to find such information. However, I , too, will give you my opinion. Since there two types (three if you include preferred) of accounts now: free-to-play and subscription. As far as subscriptions are concerned, I would be very surprised if actual subscriptions are over 300k. I would say there are over 300k free-to-play accounts. The bad thing about this is that I believe that those who are subscription players are responsible for more than 80% of cartel purchases.

The reason I added this last bit of opinion is to show how the game model is working, and as a measurement to consider the future of SWTOR. The subscriber numbers will not grow. Instead, they will stabilize for a while, then eventually begin dropping again...not to quickly. The current subscribers are contributing more than their subscriptions in order to keep this game alive.
"The tenets of the Sith are more than just words to be memorized. Learn them, understand them. They will lead you to the true power of the Force; the power of the dark side."―Qordis The Shadow Consortium