View Single Post

GrimAce
12.20.2012 , 05:12 AM | #300
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Well that depend on whether you believe a SSD can pack more of a punch than the Spear, IMO the spear does better. Even though the SSD has way more batteries, they can't all be brought to bear at once. Whereas the spears batteries are fuelled by the force, and fire precise, combined, singular shots that can tear capital ships apart. With a little help the Spear would make short for of the Golans.

But yes, you do make a fair point. It is a complex process, but I do believe the SE has the power to disable the planetary sheilds. And there probably is an on/off switch (or something similar), after all Shae Vizla managed to disable the entire defense grid. After all nothings blaster-proof.
Well, firepower's one thing, shielding's another. The Spear wouldn't last long at all under direct fire from a Golan III - it doesn't have the shield capability. I mean, a stock standard Terminus Class couldn't even go toe to toe with the Republic's Valor class - they were woefully underequipped for ships of their size, and the AS' retrofitting seems only to be in regards to its weaponry. The question is, would the Spear even last long enough under direct fire to take out a single Golan?
|-o-| <-o-> |-o-|
I HAVE YOU NOW

| Vrek | Siiras | Elliöt | Kharoz | Bhalr | Bhálr |