Slicing Needs a serious Fix @ 400!!!

L-RANDLE

This is one of the reasons it takes 3 days for important tickets to get answered.

Maybe I should have stated that one companion had 10k Affection and +10 Slicing and the other 0 Affection and +5 slicing yet the +10 failed more often. This is a very valid question as this is over 2 months in time.

Maybe I should have stated that one companion had 10k Affection and +10 Slicing and the other 0 Affection and +5 slicing yet the +10 failed more often. This is a very valid question as this is over 2 months in time.

Please tell me which of your companions has +10 Slicing Crit and which one has +5 Slicing Crit.

Oh wait, you can't because no companions have those numbers.

Please tell me which of your companions has +10 Slicing Crit and which one has +5 Slicing Crit.

Maybe he meant +10 v +2? I have these numbers.

Thraron Cedrax(Consular) =+10 Slicing (but not helpful since I am Bio on this toon)

T7-01(Knight)= +2 Slicing(Current Toon)

One is critical and one is efficiency though, right? I know T7 is critical, I think Tharon's is efficiency. That could matter...

What server are you on as on?

As on my server that would be a dead market. Augments at level 20 to 30 do not sell for much or very fast as a glut exists for them.

I guess that didnt come out right. The 22 augments are the level 49 ones. I'm on the Fatman server and the demand has lowered down a little bit but I'll still sell anywhere from 5-15 everyday at 15-25 a pop. The prices always fluctuate so I have to check it every time I put something up on the GTN

Yea I'm pretty sure MetalMac meant efficiency. All that does is lower the amount it takes to complete missions. On my Sorc one companion has a +2 crit to slicing and hes maxxed out affection. I dont really run slicings mission at all except for the 340 Mission unlocks bought from the GTN, I'm prly gonna drop it for a better money maker.

As it is, slicing is terrible for making any real money. The other gathering skill are far more profitable.

Edited by ShawnFish

You really need to use the search function of the computer more often!

http://www.swtor-spy.com/companions/

And I said Yuan had +10 slicing in another post.

Edited by Metalmac

Yea I'm pretty sure MetalMac meant efficiency. All that does is lower the amount it takes to complete missions. On my Sorc one companion has a +2 crit to slicing and hes maxxed out affection. I dont really run slicings mission at all except for the 340 Mission unlocks bought from the GTN, I'm prly gonna drop it for a better money maker.

As it is, slicing is terrible for making any real money. The other gathering skill are far more profitable.

Actually money is not the problem. I am Slicing for mats and in Underworld trading.

Here is another puzzle, why is it that none of my other companions have any + points in Investigation rarely fail?

The randomness of Crew Skills is very undependable, I can handle some randomness but this is kinda crazy.

Imagine you live by gambling, pretty much the same reliability.

You really need to use the search function of the computer more often!

http://www.swtor-spy.com/companions/

And I said Yuan had +10 slicing in another post.

http://www.oldrepublic.net/141-trooper-guide.html

Yuun has +10 efficiency, not +10 critical (I don't have a Trooper but I asked in game and Troopers on fleet said he has +10 efficiency).

You also still didn't answer the part about which companion has +5 critical with your link.

As someone mentioned above, efficiency has zero effect on criticals (maybe YOU should use the search function more often).

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

http://www.oldrepublic.net/141-trooper-guide.html

Yuun has +10 efficiency, not +10 critical (I don't have a Trooper but I asked in game and Troopers on fleet said he has +10 efficiency).

You also still didn't answer the part about which companion has +5 critical with your link.

As someone mentioned above, efficiency has zero effect on criticals (maybe YOU should use the search function more often).

Efficiency would imply they have a higher chance to succeed, but this does not seem to be the case as stated.

And I am quite sure you did not even click on the link to look.

(Did you notice that your link says +5 Critical for Underworld Trading?)

Edited by Metalmac

Read it again - efficiency does not equal crit - - it is time to complete missions - - being more "efficient" at it. ie, quicker at getting the job done.

Efficiency would imply they have a higher chance to succeed, but this does not seem to be the case as stated.

And I am quite sure you did not even click on the link to look.

(Did you notice that your link says +5 Critical for Underworld Trading?)

So what if it says +5 Critical for UWT? You said you had +5 and +10 Critical for Slicing.

Look my point is pretty simple:

A. 10K affection seems to have ZERO Results in improving missions or success rate.

B. +10 crit or +10 efficency seems to have ZERO Results in imporving missions or susccess rate.

C. Both +10 and Affections at 10K seems to have ZERO Results in improving missions or success rates.

What is the point of having higher Affection or +10 anything if the improvements are so small as to be next to worthless?

Edited by Metalmac

Welcome to the wonderful world of slicing. It has been nerfed six times since the end of beta. It is completely useless now. Slicers had the only ability to get augments, these have since been taken and given to Synthweavers and others. Now, you have a sweet 1% chance to get 3 neural augmentors. Pretty awesome IMO, especially since you need four to make an augment. This inflates the price of augments to absolutely insane prices.

I love how I get the ability to send my guys out like twenty times for three neural augmentors. Totally radical! So I spend 100k on running missions all week to make 75k on the GTN, AMAZING!! You seriously couldn't ask for better!!

So yes, I agree with OP. The mission drop rate should be the same amongst all the missions. What do I need investigation missions for? I have a thousand of them and can't give them away. Slicing sells for 75k.

And yes, I love how I send my guys out on a slicing mission, they are gone for 1.5 hours, and bring back the stupid blue thing that no one wants. I love how they are gone so long and I still lose money. I love paying 1.5k to get a lockbox that has 1k in it. Super sweet!!!

I have all Crew at 10K affection and C2-N2 with no + crew skills at all does not fail any more often or slower then another crew member. I have 4 50s and from what I can see the failure rate on missions:

Investigation

Slicing

Underworld Trading

Archaeology

All fail at about the same rate.

But these missions:

Scavenging

Biotech

Do not fail at the same rate and the way to test this is send out C2-N2 and look at the success rate and times.

I used C2-N2 with zero Affection and 10K affection to test. No difference at all and other crew came out same.

Another way to say it is Efficiency is almost worthless if you fail more often.

Like having a fast car that is broken, no advantage other then you need gas and repairs more often.

Edited by Metalmac

• 3 months later...

I don't know what server you guys are on, but on Ebon Hawk, the Advanced Neural Augmentor unit price dropped from $15k/ea to $10k/ea or less in the last 6 to 8 weeks. Seems to be a glut of crit successes on slicing missions. My only suggestion would be to cut back on the Investigation and Diplomacy Mission Discoveries, can hardly give them away for what it cost to do the mission.

With that said, I support my other 3 alts with one toon slicing, so how bad can it be?

Edited by BPAgent

What you want and what is good for the community are two VERY different things.

You want more sliced parts, I get that. But if YOU get more sliced parts then so does EVERYONE else. this will depress the value of said sliced parts. YOU may not care about selling sliced parts on the GTN, but a LOT of others do care.

the point is, your suggestion is by its very nature selfish. I am NOT saying that was your intent, but when you make suggestions like this you have to ask yourself, "how will this affect the entire game?" not just your little corner of it.

Hmmm, i find that funny, when most crafters just care about their corner and couldn't care less about anyone elses unless it affects their own corner, they sell overpriced crafted item for FAR more then what they are worth, i understand, profit needs to be made, but there is a difference between profit and greed.

This will be my past posting on these forums about crew skills and making them more useful to the server communities, its clear that most crafters just care about themselves and only think about level 50 stuff and never about the 10-49 bracket.

What needs to happen is something with the RNG. You spend 1 hour to get a chance at Advanced Neural Augmentors (either 2 or 3) and what I been finding is sad. Over the last two days, I been sending out 3 companions per hour and after 14 hours each day gotten a total of 11 for the two days. Only reason yesterday was slightly better was 4 came from missions and 3 because someone forgot a 0 on the GTN and I purchased them for 3308 credits.

Thats really discouraging that I waste 28 hours of RL and game time just to get 8 technically from the missions. The time should be lowered slightly or chances increased the more you go without getting 1. The data modules honestly i make more money selling to the vendor because there so many of them on the broker, you can't even give them away.

Tried to stay away from my own thread b/c it is somewhat of a nerco from a few months back, but since it has new life....

I'll state it again grade 6 Slicing mats still need a buff on the timer, the return percentage, or the materials required to craft augments. It is so bad, I actually gave up on trying for them for the most part. I still do the grade 6 lockbox missions only because I now have a UT/INV alt to use the missions returned. I also have seen that the drop rate for GRD 5 purples is pretty good. So I carved out another niche in the market selling purple quality augments for levels 37 & 41. I make around 230% profit on those and can't make them as fast as they are selling. There is virtually no competition for lower level augs especially purple quality ones, but their level is high enough for buyers to have credits to spend, or its an alt and they can afford the luxury.

It means I don't really have to farm dailies anymore, besides for the comms...

I still feel they should drop the mats required to craft certain items to 2EA like with other LvL 49 purple quality items(not any raid stuff).

Edited by L-RANDLE

What needs to happen is something with the RNG. You spend 1 hour to get a chance at Advanced Neural Augmentors (either 2 or 3) and what I been finding is sad. Over the last two days, I been sending out 3 companions per hour and after 14 hours each day gotten a total of 11 for the two days. Only reason yesterday was slightly better was 4 came from missions and 3 because someone forgot a 0 on the GTN and I purchased them for 3308 credits.

Thats really discouraging that I waste 28 hours of RL and game time just to get 8 technically from the missions. The time should be lowered slightly or chances increased the more you go without getting 1. The data modules honestly i make more money selling to the vendor because there so many of them on the broker, you can't even give them away.

Meanwhile I send out three companions on one character overnight every few nights and I get five ANAs from three missions each time. What is the point? Come back when you have a sufficient sample size - I'm talking hundreds if not thousands of mission results - before you state that the system is broken.

I tend to run my companions on slicing missions while I'm running dailies, flashpoints and ops. Just keep them running in the background, re-send them out when they come back.

I've never really paid close attention to specific drop rates, but over a weekend of extended play I can get a half-stack of ANAs and 5-10 mission discoveries, the sum total of which sell for considerably more than what it cost to run the missions themselves.

I suppose if I were sitting on the fleet only doing crafting this would be annoying.

Of course, no profit I could make on slicing remotely compares to those that have unlocked grade 26 and grade 27 schematics. I friend of mine has a number of Grade 27 unlettered mod schematics unlocked and can make as much in a day as I could make in a month.