View Single Post

ArchangelLBC
12.18.2012 , 04:09 PM | #555
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
I suggest you brush up on your math as well as your reading skills. The numbers Cash used either assumed CGC never proc'ed or assumed that CGC proc'ed 100% of the time for both RapidShots and PowerShot. This is clearly flawed given the higher chance of CGC proc'ing with RapidShots. I did not *ignore* those numbers. Rather I presented the CORRECT numbers using the proper probability function for CGC proc'ing. And the result, which you know, but chose to *ignore* is that RapidShots does more damage than PowerShot.

Nor did I ignore the issue of RailShot procing. Instead I pointed out the limited window in which one could plausibly attempt to use PowerShot and the multitude of issues (interrupts, stuns, cc's, knockbacks, target movement, cc's on target, AoE on you) that degrade any chance of success. I will note that by using iterative techniques it is possible to determine the crossover probability for these events at which time it *is* efficient to use PowerShot, i.e. when the probability of being interrupted, stunned, cc'ed etc. is below that level PowerShot can be viable (again in the limited time window presented). I'll spare you the mathematics, although something tells me you will demand to see it down the road. But at any rate, that crossover percentage is right at 12%. In other words, IF you are at the right time window in your rotation sequence, AND the combined chance of being interrupted, stunned, cc'ed, pushed back, target moving behind LoS, target being cc'ed or having AoE placed on you is below 12% for that GCD, then there is a very marginal benefit to using PowerShot. That is the bare thread on which PowerShot useage hangs. And even then it is a horribly inefficient heat management strategy. Bottom line: PowerShot sucks.

Awww macro, I missed you, truly I did. I was starting to think you didn't care.

And I'll concede that powershots/charged bolts sucks. I just think it's superior to Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot supposing you aren't running for your life. (Though as I recall he posted two parses on the training dummy. Now we both know dummy vs actual combat are two different animals, but if I recall right you were claiming Rapid Shots was better period).

I WOULD like to see the mathematics actually. Believe it or not I have some training in the area. I'd be interested in how you calculated the probability that you won't be interrupted, CCd, etc. since that is extremely variable in my experience.

Cash is right though that there are bigger issues with the class than which of those attacks sucks more.

Still waiting on your evidence that BW uses meta averages and ONLY meta averages to determine class balance btw.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd