Thread: Caedus vs Yoda
View Single Post

GarfieldJL
12.16.2012 , 07:15 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
Not necessarily, Cadeus went on that trip in search of unique force powers, Sidious (per the Rule of Two) learned the accumulated knowledge of the Sith then killed his master and focused on his political schemes. As opposed to Caedus, who learned from many diverse force groups as well as Sith and Jedi).
And you think Yoda didn't know about a lot of them, back when Yoda took on Sidious he was over 800 years old...

Caedus was impressively calm, patient, and disciplined in almost all his fights (save for those with his family). I think his experience in battle is easily a match for Yoda's, even at Yoda's age. Jacen acted far older than he was all the time from the Vong invasion to his death.
Jacen acted imbalanced even when not fighting his family, as he fell deeper into the darkside, he grew more and more unhinged.

In the Inferno fight it was Ben's stabbing Caedus with a knife, that won Luke that fight and he didn't finish Caedus off for fear of falling to the Dark Side (thus it took Dark Side tactics to beat Caedus that time). I admit Luke could have killed Caedus but honestly, EU Luke would kick our little green friend to the curb so it's not fair to compare the two based on that.
I don't recall Luke being in serious trouble in that fight also if you'll recall Caedus couldn't even sense Luke coming. For all Caedus's vaunted power, he nearly got stabbed by his own apprentice through the back. Then he nearly got slaughtered by his apprentice's old man except for the fact he did get stabbed in the back during that fight.

In short, Caedus wins this. His Skywalker force potential, combined with his heightened and honed battle senses, his lack of pain, and his impressive array of unique force skills rivaled only by Luke himself, Caedus is just a bit too unorthodox and just powerful enough to defeat Yoda.
Caedus fed off of pain, he actually did feel it, that said he really wasn't in the same league as Luke Skywalker, considering how Luke was able to lead Caedus around by the nose toward the end. While Caedus had a set of tricks that Yoda might not know, Yoda probably knew a few tricks that Luke didn't even know about (Yoda didn't have time to teach Luke everything he knew).

On another note and one that is often overlooked, is Jacen/Caedus was an EXCEPTIONAL duelist with a saber, even being put on the level of Luke. Heck he fought Jaina with one arm and hole in his stomach and she still needed him to be distracted in order to kill him.
Caedus also was scared to death of Luke after that one fight and actually he never was on even level with Luke. I don't believe Caedus had ever fought someone the size of a small child that was a master lightsaber wielder either. I really don't see Caedus beating Yoda.