View Single Post

Moedin
12.15.2012 , 09:01 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by HonorThyGamer View Post
Hello everyone! I just wanted to update everyone on what I'm doing.

I tried out the Combat spec and found that I am In fact a lot more effect with it in PVP, but since I don't really enjoy PVP that didn't do me much good. After a couple of days I switched back to Watchman. I didn't mind Combat it just didn't work for me in PVE.

About a day ago I decided to try out a Focus build. Thank God respecs are free for subscribers. Anyway, I was kind of shocked to discover how much damage I can put out in groups. People have told me you could do a lot of damage with a Focus spec but to be honest, 90% of the topics in here are about Watchman and Combat so I didn't give it much thought.

I think I'm going to stick with Focus. The main problem I had with the Watchman spec, and in a similar way the Combat spec, is that I was killing stuff too quickly due to being overleveled. You may not consider that a bad thing, but it caused me to use the spec very inefficiently. I could take out single enemies without problem, but groups would rip me a new one.

With Watchman, an enemy would usually be down to 5% of their health by the time I started the burning. I could give the burn to someone else with more health, but that would then require me to kill the one with lower health with a skill that I need that has a longer CD. This threw off my ability to manage focus properly. Strong and Elites would die easily, but groups would hurt me far more because I couldn't keep up the burns long enough to do much good.

I'm still trying to get a feel for Focus after playing Watchman through most of the game but I think it fits my style a little more. There are more Sentinels in my guild than any other class and almost all of them are Watchmen. Being able to put down staggering AOE damage in short order has helped my group out quite a bit.

So thank you for all of the advice and opinions, but it turns out that the spec the minority suggested I play is actually the one that fits me best.
I am feeling everything you just said. Single targets are lame and groups actually get close to killing me or on occasion do! (Although some of that may be attributed to I resubbed since last playing in Februray )
Can you link your Focus spec?