“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”
Final Round: Darth Sidious vs Sith Emperor
Welcome to the final instalment of the ‘Kaggath vs Series’. Over the past weeks I’ve been in pitting the power bases of iconic Star Wars characters against each other, many have fallen, and many have been rewarded with victory. But fear not, the Kaggath will return due to popular demand in the ‘Kaggath Tournament’! Stay tuned!
The last battle, Skere Kaan vs Naga Sadow, was a victory for Sadow, who overran Kaan’s forces with an army of illusions. But onto the final round.
For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’
. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simply lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, a star system or the entire galaxy.
Before we begin, let’s just go over the ground rules again:
- The arena: the known galaxy.
- No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base, or other prominent powers. This excludes allies of the era, i.e. Darth Vader, Thrawn, Darth Malgus. (Concerning the Dark Council, they are not excluded from Vitiate’s power base, but cannot engage in combat themselves only command others.)
- No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
- No surrender, fight to the death!
- No immortality, when you’re dead, you’re dead!
- No superweapons, i.e. Death Star, Eclipse, Force storms, Mekhis’s superweapons, Foundry. (the Executor and the Ascendant Spear are not classed as superweapons – and the Spear is operating at full capacity)
- Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
- Use your imagination: obviously these powers existed in a different time frame but let’s just pretend.
So, the combatants: Darth Sidious, the most powerful Sith lord in galactic history, a manipulative, machiavellian megalomaniac. The Sith Emperor, an absolute master of Sith magic, cunning, patient and devoid of any emotion or empathy. He feared only death.
Both combatants ruled over vast and sinister empires. Sidious commanded the Galactic Empire and its infamous armies. And the Sith Emperor led innumerable servants of the dark side and his own military power. But when these forces collide, who will emerge victorious?
Let the Kaggath begin!
Victor: Sith Emperor