View Single Post

TheIrage
12.13.2012 , 06:22 PM | #669
Quote: Originally Posted by BJWyler View Post
Here's something I've been mulling over the last couple of hours.

How about this:

1) The PvE gear is made available in the CM, but as empty adaptive gear - there are no stats on it to buy, it would be purely cosmetic and allow the player to insert their own mods as they level.

2) The PvE gear is made available in the CM with complete stats as a Legacy system unlock. The gear can only be used by level 50's only and only unlocked via the Legacy system after the player has completed the related FP/OP with at least one character on their account.

Both options could co-exist in the CM. Option One CM and allow for players to customize their toon cosmetically just like any other adaptive armor. Option Two allows the player to outfit alts without having to run the alt through the entire gear progression chain again, but simply play the FP/OPs that they like to play the most.

BJ
This to me is thinking on the right direction. I may not agree with everything you write, but I can sink my teeth on this one.

1) I don't see anything wrong with it other than perhaps diluting some of the achievement of obtaining new gear. I would add some sort of legacy unlock ( such as at least one character 50 has completed the operation/boss where such item is normally obtained) and/or a time gap ( only available X weeks after the original item was released).

2) Personally, this may be a tad far but still on the right direction. I would add (my opinion) a reasonable time gap, some sort of a quota/quantity limit, and maybe ( subject to debate) a reasonably high cost.

Again, great thoughts though.