View Single Post

TheIrage
12.13.2012 , 05:37 PM | #659
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone...

[Quoting Lead Designer Damion Schubert]

It is not our intent to make the Cartel Market the “way to play" the game—we want you to feel that both the Cartel Market and earning gear in game are viable options as far as value goes, neither being far more efficient or effective than the other.

...Thank you for your patience.
Thank you Joveth for your response,

I would just like to ask if you can kindly expand/clarify this paragraph. Perhaps it wasn't your/Damion's intention to imply that the Cartel Market is/will be a viable option for acquiring gear. I think a lot of the general discontent/concern would be precisely that. Making gear even more viable through the cartel market is what many folks are against and coining the term P2W to.

Specifically, you used the word "gear" alone so it can be widely interpreted/miss-interpreted ( crystals, T7 ship upgrades, next?). I think someone has already made the example, but the generality of this paragraph ( and somewhat the method to improve on current T7 via price modifications described on a later paragraph) leave open interpretations that range from Campaign /War Hero level gear potentially being viably purchasable in a near future to even current or next tier content gear? For the sake of preventing people's imaginations from going places, if you could please kindly clarify this for us in a way that includes or excludes core game progression relevant items.

Thank you