View Single Post

Mirhd
12.13.2012 , 04:08 PM | #36
Really must disagree with those throwing all the the blame - or most of it - on F2P. The verbal diarrhea erupting from general chat (again most prevalent on Dromuund Kaas, as previously mentioned) was happening long before F2P. Maybe you weren't on the same hours I was (even though this often happens at prime time...), but the complete, utter garbage people get away with saying is ridiculous. There's a reason I don't even bother with FPs, OPs or hell, grouping period... I don't want to end up with the alt of some jerk I already have on ignore.

And yes, depressing as it is, when anonymity is on the table, people will often choose to be the worst example humanity has to offer. You can say "it's a game" all you want, but facts are facts - there are real people on the other side of that monitor, and if you act like that in-game... that just speaks volumes, and I sure as heck don't want to deal with you in real life.

P.S.

WTB account wide ignore, PSW!

EDIT : It's hardly fair to say it's the "kiddies" (20 and under) who are responsible, too. They add to it, but they aren't the core of the problem. I've encountered plenty of aged 30+ people in gaming over the years (yes, in SWTOR too) who make me ashamed to be of the same species. : P