Thread: Lag issues
View Single Post

jprife
12.13.2012 , 07:38 AM | #404
Quote: Originally Posted by spacemonkey View Post
Today I've managed to completely resolve my server lag, first I enabled Multicast Pass-Through on my routers firewall settings. The second thing I did was go to http://www.opendns.com/business-solu...m-dns/benefits, create an account and follow the instructions, it takes less than 2 mins and you don't need to download anything.
Seems like a decent workaround if it actually works as advertised. However, I am very uncomfortable monkeying around with my current IP/network settings just for this game when everything else works perfectly. In fact, after SWTOR lagged out on me last night (for the umpteenth time), I played WoW (with graphics and performance all on the highest settings) for two lovely uninterrupted hours. So the problem is clearly with BW, and the onus is on the programmers to figure out what their problem is, communicate that to us, and then fix it.

And once again for the record, I had NO lag problems before the last server transfer and Update 1.4. So my network was and remains fine. The problem is BW's.