View Single Post

Goretzu
12.13.2012 , 06:33 AM | #520
Quote: Originally Posted by BJWyler View Post
Not if it doesn't allow you to win.

We already have many people complaining that they still cannot successfully complete the new space missions even with a full set of Tier 7 gear, so how is it P2W when people are failing left and right? (sorry Jacen).

TBH, I have already agreed not to debate the definition of P2W. I understand your view on the term and you have every right to feel that way. I don't have a problem with it - I just happen not to agree with it. However, that still does not solve the problem of reaching a median that most of us can live with in game. If you cannot contribute to that point and at least try to make this a better thread and SWTOR a better game, then there's no further point debating with you.

BJ
Of course it does, it allows you to completely avoid much of the gameplay that those that don't pay have to go through.

For example what would being able to by top level OP gear allow you to "win"? Nothing, because you'd already be able to buy anything you could get. Therefore that wouldn't be P2W?

Or even being able to buy the top level of PvP gear, again that wouldn't make you "win", it would just allow you to circumvent the grind to collect the best gear. So again therefore that wouldn't be P2W either?
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1