View Single Post

12.13.2012 , 06:20 AM | #517
Quote: Originally Posted by BJWyler View Post
And what I am trying to do is figure out a way to either get around that problem or at the very least make it less enough of an issue so it's not as off-putting. In order to do that, we need to dig down into the underlying reasons why players feel the way they do and get them to actually think about it and think outside the box on how to fix it. We see far too many times people just spout off rhetoric without actually thinking about what they are saying and trying to find a solution to the problem. For many I have noticed that if you actually make them think about what they are saying, it ends up not being a problem for them at all - they just followed the Lemmings off the cliff without even using their own mind to think whether it was a good idea or not.

In a lot of games I have played in the past there are things that I did not like, but upon looking at the bigger picture realized that they were good for the game because they were good for a portion of the playerbase. I may not have enjoyed that particular thing about the game, but I realized without it my overall joy of the game probably would be a lot worse because the lack of it would have affected many more players than just myself. So I learned to deal with it and as a result, found over time that it wasn't such a big deal after all, and my overall enjoyment of the game was not impacted.

How about this instead - getting a petition together and asking for the missions to be rebalanced so they are not as OPed as they appear to be right now.

Absolutely. It's a shame that more people don't actually read the previous posts in a thread (at the very least read skim through the last half dozen pages to get some idea where the current topic of conversation has lead and the ideas that have been bantered back and forth). Several of us have already agreed that debating the actual definition of P2W is pointless, even if there was an official definition of the term. We would still disagree regardless. Therefore, we are now in the process of actually trying to find a solution to the problem of how to include P4C items without making them overtly feel like they are a P2W item. I have asked several questions (starting around page 48) in posts on previous pages trying to establish the mindsets of what makes players feel the way they do on both sides. Once we can establish that, we can actually work on establishing where the common ground lies.

MarkoJinn ReviveR stated ideas in their posts around page 44 or 45 that I think bears some merit, and were ones that I also have had in the back of my mind - color-coding equipment so that one can differentiate those who did the "work" in game as opposed to the "work" in real life to get the money to buy the gear. Also to simply lockout the gear until the player has completed all content with one character on their account (similar to how GW locked out Hard Mode in the original game).

If being able to directly buy gear that aids you and allows you to avoid grind isn't P2W then nothing ever has been or ever will be P2W; it is that simples.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1