View Single Post

Olostur
12.12.2012 , 08:38 PM | #21
Quote:
Just because i chose the numbers, doesn't make your calculations right. The point of choosing the numbers was to do simple division and find how much each point was worth at that level. Guess you weren't even up to that task
It was your decision to use uneven numbers for each stat.

Quote:
I've progressed farther than EC HM guys...5/5 on TFB and 2/4 NM EC only because we haven't had the chance to do it. DPS is relevent because you had assumed I auto-attacked the entire fight. Optimization comes from not just optimizing a particular offensive ability
I didn't assume you auto-attacked the entire fight. I outlined an extreme edge case to make my argument as clear as possible. It obviously wasn't clear enough for you to understand though. The point is that you can keep your ammo up at any regen level. It just changes DPS. You also clearly missed the point about optimization. This has turned into a debate about balancing trivial changes to survivability against trivial changes to DPS.

Quote:
[COLOR="Dark Red"]Only a moron thinks caps = anger[/COLOR]
Call me a moron and I'll call you angry

Quote:
EC HM did require optimization when everyone was wearing rakata gear with no augments. Maybe you don't remember those days
Ok, so EC HM required optimization for you back then. It didn't really require much for us. What inference can be drawn from that....

On another note, thank you for finally posting your stats. Now here's something rather funny: your stats are closer to Justcae's than they are to the high defense build that I've been arguing against! The truth of the matter is that it is laughable to debate at this length over such a difference. Of course, I had no idea since only you knew your stats. If you really get this bent about ~13% vs ~16% defense, then I fear for you. You are comparing two different amounts of defense (~15 vs ~16) that hadn't even been brought up in the thread. Were the voices in your head so bothersome to you that you had to start debating your own two numbers that hadn't even been discussed?

Your build is good. So is Justcae's. Did you somehow miss the fact that the high-defense AMR profile from earlier had 22% defense? That is what I find somewhat objectionable.
~ Darth Decimal ~