View Single Post

LogicLoup
12.12.2012 , 06:29 PM | #36
(( cross-posting for Tabor ))

Nar Shaddaa

"Kal!"

Dredd's head turned, a smile dawning on his face as he looked up to see a lovely Twi'lek running towards him. He had been looking forward to this moment for months.

"What did you get me this time, big guy?" The young woman asked as she barreled into the large warriors chest, knocking the wind out of him.

"G-Get offa me and I'll show ya Tannia!" He struggled out between gasping breaths.

Tannia giggled as Dredd finally regained his breath. It was a game she loved to play, and it's not like he hadn't experienced worst working for the Hutts, so he allowed her little game to continue.

She obliged and he pulled out a beautiful silver necklace, with one large blood red stone in the center and placed it around her neck.

"I-It's beautiful!" Tannia exclaimed as one of her hands came up to touch the stone in the center.

"To think of me when I'm gone." He smiled as she turned now, forcing him into a quick kiss her arms dr*ped around his neck. "It's very important to me, I've had it for years. I think it's time you had it."

"Let's go upstairs, I think it's time give you a little something to remember me by." She winked slyly and grabbed his hand, leading him up the stairs to her apartment.

************************************************** ********************************

Dredd awoke, shaking his head as he tried to clear the cobwebs, and pushing the dream to the back of his mind. He sighed slightly then, as his eyes fixed on the necklace which now hung from a hook near the Captain's chair which he had passed out in. Its red stone flashing with reflected light.

You never could leave me alone, could you Tannia. He smiled, it had been a good dream this time. Unusual for a man that had seen and done the things he had.

Directly in front of him sat Nar Shaddaa, and work was to be done there. But, so far things had not gone as expected. The two who had gotten the artifact seemed capable enough, but he was concerned about their trustworthiness. Their questions were good, and the girl had seemed flighty, and nervous. They would have to do, though, as all others present had been Imperials. Slaves to their Lords, the Sith.

Sith, the word alone set his teeth on edge, his blood seething with hatred. He smiled slightly then, perhaps a Sith would be along after the artifact.

Now that would just be too lucky, wouldn't it. He smiled slightly as he laid back against the captain's chair, hoping to catch a quick wink on the descent to the surface.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."