View Single Post

Pilgrim_Grey
12.11.2012 , 12:21 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghost_Spectre View Post
It wouldn't be any different from what is happening today with all the stuns, roots, slows, CC, and other means to keep a player from functioning in a Warzone.

However, you neglected to read the fact that for 30 seconds, everyone is vulnerable to being stunned, rooted, slowed, CC, and otherwise inhibited from acting. In anything there is a tradeoff. However, in its current form, the resolve system along with the plethora of abilities to stop players from having any actions is simply broken in its current form. You may disagree, that's fine. But I would venture a guess that you have had your share of stun locked deaths to the point of frustration too.
I'd say a whole minute of immunity with only thirty seconds of vulnerability is probably a bit too much in the other direction from what we have now. I do think you're on the right track, though. Even the immunity to further stunning for awhile would make a big difference. I don't want CC to totally go away, as that is an interesting facet to PvP. I just don't want it dominating it so much. I'm still getting to 50, but there have been plenty of times where I was chain CC'd to near death, and it's no fun. The matches I remember most were the ones where people were all fighting, not where they ganked that one poor sucker and he couldn't do a thing about it (and I'm talking CC, not where 4 people beat down on 1 easily).