fps keeps getting worse
View Single Post
12.11.2012 , 08:42 AM |
Before proceeding you need to check if your machine requires OEM video drivers. If so please use those at the driver install phase of the following, otherwise just use the generic drivers from nvidia.
I advise doing the following: Uninstall video driver, clean boot and then clean driver install. Leaving info for both manufacturers here for the benefit of other readers.
Depending on the graphics card the uninstall can differ:
NVidia recommend completing this through Control Panel/add/remove programs.
1) Go into your Control Panel
2) Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon
3) Select the NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers from the list of programs.
4) Click Change/Remove or Add/Remove button.
5) Confirm with Windows that you wish to continue with the uninstall
ATI on the other hand recommend removing drivers via their own catalyst:
1) Click on Start
2) Open the Control Panel
3) Select Programs and Features
4) Select ATI Catalyst Install Manager
5) Click on Change
Instructions on performing a clean boot for
Windows 7 and Vista
When installing an Nvidia driver please choose the advanced install and tick the box for "perform a clean installation".
When installing AMD drivers, just perform the installation as normal after the clean boot.
Please post again to let us know if this increases your game performance.
Thank you for playing
: The Old Republic
Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support