View Single Post

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 05:43 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Miyo View Post
I have to agree with the OP, this is just disgusting.

For a limited time only and yet for a price which would take 4-5 months to save up for, at least, is an absolute disgrace.

Yes there will be people who knee jerk and say 'well you don't have to buy them', and sure, you don't. But these are very obviously items that would work perfectly well in an event, but instead you're being forced to either fork out alot of real money to get them, or pay the extreamly high premium they will be on the GTN. They could have made a fun, interactive event out of these, and had them on the market for those who would rather buy them, but instead its cash only. Personally I've never seen something this disgusting in a holiday 'event' in an MMO before.

But I guess this should have been forseeable, this is basically the company who does the Sims 3 store.

Yeah I don't see anything massively wrong with doing it like that (even if it is a bit P2W, but for cosmetic items I can live with that), although I still would probably say it was a bit steep in cost.

When you consider other DLC of a similar nature in other game would likely cost much, much less and be availilbe for any character you have in that game.

I just can't believe Bioware EA thougth this was remotely sensible, I have to wonder who if anyone is actually watching over this management-wise.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1