View Single Post

NoTomorrow
12.11.2012 , 01:45 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghost_Spectre View Post
A very astute observation and one that I agree with; I would offer the following to fix the stun fest we have in PvP.

1. Do away with the resolve system completely. Anything that affects a player in the form of a stun, roots, slows, CC, or otherwise inhibits a player from acting should all fall under stun and can be stopped by popping their stun break.

2. Lower the CD of the stun break from 2 minutes to 1:30 seconds. When a player uses this power to break a stun, they should have an automatic immunity to all forms of stuns, roots, slows, CC, or whatever else that can be used to inhibit their ability to act for 1 full minute. When that minute expires, they have 30 seconds where they can be vulnerable to the above mentioned powers until their CD on their stun break is reset.

3. This will allow players to engage and fight to their heart's content without worrying about being stun locked until their immunity wears off. This will speed up play and promote more brutal combat in PvP as it should be.

4. This is something similar we had in CoX. We popped an inspiration and we were immune to any affect that inhibited our ability to act. That lasted for 1 minute. Combat in PvP was fast, furious, and deadly for everyone. We worried more about fighting than watching our characters die while they are stun locked as we see in SWTOR PvP.

There is nothing worse than sitting on a node being hit with a stun from an operative/smuggler/shadow/assassin and wait until it wears off before acting. Because as soon as you break it before the stun/cc wears off to stop them from capping, they nail you again and you're done.

Giving a player full immunity from being controlled by any and all means for a full minute will promote more intense play within the Warzone, just as it should be.
Perfect, now let me and my friends all roll healers with a few melee and we will faceroll the crap out of you without CC stoping us.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.