View Single Post

NoTomorrow
12.11.2012 , 12:27 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
If you want to compare Snipers to Commandos, let me put a few things out there:

1. Snap Shot makes Snipe instant every 6 seconds. Laze Target gives 100% crit chance on Snipe.
2. Snipe and Series of Shots can proc Reactive Shot that reduces the cast time of Ambush by 1 second.
3. Followthrough is already instant. In fact it is the fastest skill in the game to the point that it always allows you to hit enemies that you've killed with Snipe or Ambush. You can sometimes hit dead enemies killed by others but no other skill allows you hit an enemy that you yourself have killed (e.g. You can't Impale enemies killed with Voltaic Slash)
4. Cover Screen gives you a 20% ranged defense for 6 seconds that you can refresh (incidentally) every 6 seconds.

So as a full MM Sniper what I do is:

1. Laze Target and Snap Shot for auto-crit, insta-Snipe
2. 1,5 sec Ambush with Reactive Shield procced by Laze Target
3. Get up, use Followthrough on the move and displace to a position with no LoS issues.
4. Take cover again, 6 seconds have elapsed, insta-Snipe again
5. Rinse and repeat (if Snipe doesn't proc Reactive Shot again, then use Series of Shots instead of Ambush)

This not only allows you to have an instant Snipe every 6 seconds but you get a pretty much permanent 20% ranged defense bonus. Not too shabby I'd say. So as you can see Snipers ARE very much mobile in MM spec. I move to a new position every 6 seconds.
good argumentation against lethality user claiming they are more mobile. There is one catch though: ambush is important and it's 1.5 sec, with laze target you get only one crit snipe, after that 1 min you are depending on your crit chance. No crit snipe, no reactive shot, 2.5 sec ambush. So it's not that guaranteed. And you still need to cast 1,5 sec.

Now another real difference: the mercs use tech attacks for tracer and the rest. They have less troubles than us when having to deal with deflection, saberstrike and any sort of ranged defense. So it's not that they don't have advamtages.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.