View Single Post

Ventessel
12.09.2012 , 10:58 PM | #214
Favorite Star Wars game of all time, for flavor and "Star Wars feeling" was Knights of the Old Republic.

KotOR II was a better game, and had stronger writing, but went down a different path than the classic movies. Still one of the best RPG's I've played.

Battlefront I was a classic, and the sequel just took the ball and ran with it, making a good thing great. The last time I was home, my girlfriend's kid sister was playing that game and I almost had a nostalgia overdose.

The TIE games were fun, but I've never been much of an aviator myself, always preferred the thrill of blasters and hiss of lightsabers. Jedi Knight and Academy were fun games, as was Obi-Wan (a forgotten X-Box title that was actually quite well done). I feel that those games belong to a lost generation of play styles, back when 3D environments were still exciting and new.

Never played SWG, but wishing I had. SWTOR is far and away my favorite star wars game, however. Bioware really surpassed my expectations for this round.