View Single Post

Tha_Moe
12.09.2012 , 04:20 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
These are fair points, but of course you being a healer once again as in the case of some other posters makes an enormous difference for your own solo q success.

As for the question of whether or not people who regularly experience losses ought to blame themselves in some regard, there's a degree to which this is true, but by and large there's only so much one person out of eight can do, and it depends a lot on class, too. For instance, as one player I can have an enormously greater impact on my shadow, with its survivability and utility than on my (non saboteur) gunslinger, which depends heavily on having a competetive team around it to be able to effectvely survive and deal dps. Give me a crappy team and no healers and my slinger gets targeted and dies 12 times and, while still topping my team's dps chart, is cced and dead too often to make the objectives happen. Give me the same bad situation, and my shadow might be able to cap or help cap a point or stay on the map enough to prevent them from gaining objectives.

finally, I'd say that you can judge the relative "culpability" you have from patterns of players. If you always do well in the numbers and in the objectives, win or lose, if you are usually the only one scoring well and objective wise even in losses, if in your losses you consistently see the same teammates making the same mistakes doing as poor in the stat column and where objectives are concerned, then I think its fair to say youre not really a major problem.
Yeah what youre saying i fully understand. Me being a healer does help some, and which class youre playing matters no doubt. One player rarley can change the outcome of a game. Maybe a score, or a cap. But change the whole game? hard to do. Even more so, 3 good players may not be able to help a team thats really, really, bad and dumb. Hard to do. So yeah I agree with you on that.

However I have the mindset that if my team is losing over and over. Theres has to be something I can do to change that. I hear people talking about pubs suck, or they still on the weekly on a friday. I dont care what class you play, if youre losing much more then you win. You have to at least start with yourself, everyone uses the easy excuse of "REPUBLIC SUCKS." Thats just a easy out! Those that say: Republic sucks, yet they are republic? they're saying they suck.

P.S. Skolops If i ever play with you, from what it sounds like i hope its on your shadow...
Ganguis / Black Zuess

<Its 50!!!>.