View Single Post

choboon
12.13.2011 , 01:29 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by shaclad View Post
Gathering and Mission skills having level restrictions. Since these are the skills that farm your mats for you, not being able to get the higher level mats is going to prevent you from being able to craft the higher level gear.

Crafting is not limited by level, just by skill progression. However, you have to be able to get to the fleet to train the crew skill in the first place.

Lastly, farming can be an extrememly expensive process in itself. Mission skills and gathering charge you credits per mission that you embark you companions on, which in turn becomes an enormous credit sink the further you go in the game.

So in conclusion:

Yes, you can have a "twink" crafter, but only if you first get him to the fleet to train the skill, and only if you keep him supplied with mission and gathering supplies.

Also, since you can only train ONE Crafting skill per character, you will be locked into only producing these items.
If i did that it would be a second account on a different machine, i have not checked the user agreement if it is permissible to have two accounts but for most games it is.

As fo the money sink, that is a good point. Probably the best one. I guess not really doable to maintain two accounts that actively craft while only leveling with one.

I thought about having both make usable items ( one biochem the other for grenades) so i could get some money in to make up for the losses.

But i guess i will wait til i have at least one high level char.