View Single Post

VigDiath
12.07.2012 , 07:11 PM | #18
I've always looked at it like this. You have Jedi like Mace Windu, Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn, Luke, Anakin...powerful Jedi who as long as they have their lightsaber defeating your average Bounty Hunter/Mando should not be much of an issue. Defeating a top of the line Mando with an unending aresenal of weapons, tactics and prowess at his disposal should be harder but not impossible. If the Mando gets the drop on the Jedi/Sith then give the advantage to the Mando. After all, Jedi/Sith are not immortal.

Now add your average Jedi versus your average Mando which in most cases an average Mando will still be higher than a special ops solider in most cases and this is when you will see the Jedi lose more often or at least come away from an encounter with a Mando outmatched if still living. Average Jedi to me are like red shirts in Star Trek. They have potential but have not fully reached that potential. Well in the Star Wars universe at any given era, the galaxy is filled with average Jedi who more often than not only survive encounters because of their connection to the Force. Otherwise they are outmatched in every other category.

Now to be fair, I love Star Wars because of the Jedi. But like any great story you find yourself being attached to other characters as well. I love Boba Fett and Jango Fett. I made it a point to read Karen Traviss' books and any comics I could get my hands on. But in the end, force users trump non force users unless that force user is just your run of the mill Jedi even if your run of the mill Jedi can take on 5 people at a time.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)