View Single Post

Jakees
12.07.2012 , 06:41 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by adiwantinova View Post
I think the OP's point wasn't necessarily (even though he explicitly wrote it) for us to merge. For those that responded about PVE content you're capable of running without a merger, you're not getting the point.

The OP wants the best players from each guild to get together & create a guild that will foster a competitive team in ranked PvP.

Although the idea in its most basic format sounds interesting, it can be accomplished without a guild merger. Frankly, we're (ROTJ) driven to be competitive ourselves, yes, but we value our own approach to running a guild our way, developing talent, and enjoying our community more than being a mega power in ranked WZ's.

I spoke to Obiwalker the other day when he brought this mega guild idea up (which is now the - I'm not kidding - 10th time since launch that I've heard about it) and our answer is always the same; this can be accomplished without a merge.

If 2 ROTJ + 2 Resilience + 2 Gray Order + 2 Epic Failz are all on the same voice server, commit to a night to ranked pvp, and execute it, then it can accomplish the same thing that the OP is asking for; a competitive team for ranked PVP against some of the power house Impies (ID / Physics / Woops / Etc).

To the recent post re: a pvp chat channel, yes -- this works great. We had one setup with IT a LONG time ago (after our leaders realized that a guild merger wasn't in either party's best interest), and we settled on a close alliance.

We had ROTJ players filling IT group spots, they came over to ROTj when IT "died", etc. Nevertheless, I think the chat channel is the best first step, the second is identifying who is interested (and more importantly, "qualified" as a top tier PVP'er to fill a spot on this "Republic Team"), and then coordinate voice servers & play schedules to get it done.

I'm happy to do ranked with the best. I'm sure they'd welcome my (or any of ROTJ's top talent) in a group. At the end of the day, we're not joining your guild, though. So stop asking for a merge, an absorbtion, or attempting to scalp our players. We'll do the same.

thats alot better of an idea i was trying to go for something like that

didnt need all the hate thou

sounds like you all should of rolled imps with the way you treat your fellow player

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you all