View Single Post

Vesaniae
12.07.2012 , 05:02 PM | #20
Why, look! I wrote something! Imagine that...

6. In Which Nox Is Conniving and Stuff Happens…Or Does It?
Kaas City, Dromund Kaas
15 ATC

Nox lounged on the sofa in the living room of her chambers, watching the Republic HoloNet. It was simple enough to get around the blockers, and the Republic shows were always so delightfully…different. She flipped though the channels, trying to find something interesting.

Andronikos Revel entered the room and started to walk past, then did a double take as he looked at the holoproj. “Isn’t that a Republic channel?”

“Mhmm. Did you want something?”

“Talos says you’re thinking of leaving the planet soon. Thought I’d see if that was true.” Andronikos looked at the projector and shook his head. “You watch that stuff for fun?”

“You never noticed that the Fata Morgana’s HoloNet access is set to Republic channels?” Nox asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I always figured it was a glitch with the Morgana’s transmitter. Never took you for the type who watched Republic holodramas.”

“I am in the target demographic,” she pointed out.

“You’re a Sith.”

“Sith are allowed to have hobbies besides wreaking havoc and kicking puppies, you know,” Nox said dryly.

He shrugged. “Hey, whatever floats your speeder. Just figured that someone like you would have better taste.”

“I take offense to that!” Nox said indignantly, glaring at him.

“No need to get all worked up about it. I was just surprised.”

“Then become un-surprised.”

“Whatever you say,” he muttered, sitting down at the other end of the sofa.

They sat in silence for several minutes, then Nox turned to Andronikos and asked casually, “So, are you seeing anyone?”

He turned to stare at her. “What brought that up?”

“Oh, no reason.” Nox grinned at him. “Well?”

Andronikos shook his head. “No. Not for lack of trying, though.”

“Trying is good.”

He rolled his eyes. “Imperial girls are too stuck-up to want to date the likes of me.”

“Now, now,” Nox said seriously. “No giving up. You can’t have tried every single female on Dromund Kaas yet.”

Andronikos grimaced. “That’s all well and good, but none of them can really compare to…”

She smiled predatorily. “To whom? Do tell.”

“To you, damn it,” Andronikos growled. “Is that why you brought this up? So you can rub it in my face again that I’m not good enough for you?”

“As delightful as that activity sounds,” Nox said thoughtfully, “I was actually trying to express friendly concern and wish you luck in moving on with your life.”

“I’ll believe that when I see it.”

“You have no faith in me,” Nox sighed.

“I know when I’m being toyed with.”

“Typical oblivious man,” Nox sniffed. “I made it perfectly clear that I wasn’t interested in a serious relationship, but you had to go and blame me when I didn’t want to settle.” She turned to look directly at him, radiating disdain. “It’s been four years. Get. Over. It.”

“Believe me, the last thing I want to do is ever have anything to do with you again.”

“So why are you still here?” Nox demanded. “It’s not as if I particularly need you around. I told you four years ago, you could leave any time you wanted. But you haven’t.”

Andronikos shrugged. “Can’t think of anything better to do.”

Nox laughed. “Liar. You’re still pining over me, aren’t you? I think you’re in lo—“

“Shut up,” Andronikos said coldly. “You don’t know what you’re talking about.”

She smiled at him. “Ooh, we’re getting nasty, are we? Say some more!”

“You want nasty?” he snapped. “How’s this: I wouldn’t wish a woman like you on my worst enemy, you manipulative, heartless b*tch.”

“I like you when you’re angry,” Nox murmured coyly.

“We’re not going there,” Andronikos said flatly. “It’s over. We’re done, you and me—“

Nox pounced.

“Damn you,” he muttered, making a half-hearted attempt to push her off him. She kept him firmly pinned to the sofa, making sure he couldn’t squirm away.

“Why settle for those snobby Kaas City girls,” she whispered, “when you could have me?”

“I’d rather not live out my days as some Sith Lord’s plaything, thank you,” Andronikos retorted.

Nox chuckled. “There are men who would kill to be in your position right now.”

“I’m not those men.”

“That’s why I like you.” She leaned in closer, brushing her lips across his nose, then down to his mouth.

The floor was very cold and hard when she landed on it a few moments later. Andronikos stood up, frowning down at her.

Nox scrambled to her feet, dusting off her dress. “That’s no way to treat a lady,” she complained.

“You’re not a lady,” Andronikos said darkly. “You’re a whore. And I’ll be damned if I fall for your tricks again.” He turned and strode out of the room.

Nox rolled her eyes and flopped back down onto the sofa. “Men,” she sighed. “Always acting like they have something to prove.”
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!