View Single Post

12.07.2012 , 10:12 AM | #8
I agree with alot of what has been posted, and I definitely see how buffing Kolto Bomb to cover an entire Ops group could be OP. My favorite comment was about making KB "smart," to affect those with the lowest health. I think that would go a long way to make us more effective in Ops.

But I disagree that Sages arent more effective in EC and TFB. On almost every fight; you can tailor your strategy to take advantage of Salvation to make the Ops much more easy. I know in my guils'd Ops, we have just seen a natural tendency to prefer Sages. It's not about placement of Salvation, so much as it is that everyone in our Ops group knows they can run toward the golden circle at any time to get heals. And it works really well. And I have just started to notice a small imbalance in Ops, tending to favor Sage healers. I have healed the fights, and we do okay, but it's easier for Sages. But I will concede that in the Terror from Beyond, and the first 2 fights in EC, it's not as much a problem because the groups are separated. But for 16 man, it is still a problem. Anytime you are healing more than 4 at a time, KB becomes a DRASTICALLY less efficient heal. And I still thinks that needs a tweak.

But, like I said, I think a "smart" KB would actually go a long way and would strike the right balance. Too often the heal from KB is wasted on players that are near full health.

EDIT: Also, to be fair, we are very melee heavy in our guild's Ops, which aids in the effectiveness of Salvation, as all of our DPS are usually stacked on top of one another.