View Single Post

GScheff
12.06.2012 , 01:33 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Krozis View Post
This whole topic leads me to realize Imps also need more true tanks. We are down to one in guild, and I've only seen one other PVP Jugg tank that I can think of..... That's another task no one seems to want here, and I'm guilty of that as well since I have a jugg I never really play anymore.
I would say that sounds about right, I really don't see many tanks.

In regards to your healer comment though, I would say that any healing class has it's own advantages and disadvantages. I mainly play Sage/Sorc Healer and the main problem is that if you get focus fired....you're dying FAST if you don't run away. Ops/Mercs seem to have a little longer survivability when getting focus fired compared to Inquistors...but Inq's have abilities to escape quicker than other classes. Ops/mercs are also better at "heal while on the move", compared to inq's who have 1 HOT, a self heal and a bubble they can cast moving. The nice part is with Op/Merc if you go DPS spec you have more survivability...Sorcs whether they are heal or DPS still die very fast if they get focus fired, so I tend to be moving around a whole lot more.

Either way, if you're trying to save Imperial PVP, I wish you luck. I have a 61 valor sorc and a 65 valor sage and the sage had 160 wins at 61 valor and the sorc had 40. I just think that as a whole, Pubs are better geared and more organized compared to Imps. Whenever I'm on my Imp...whether i'm healing or DPS'ing, i just don't see nearly as much team work as the Pubs have. I see them all spread out and not working together or communicating nearly as much as Pubs do. However, get in a group with 3 other great PVP'ers on the Imp side and you can win...assuming you don't get 4 other people with 14k health (I've seen it).

In the end, just choose a class that looks fun for you to play in PVP. That's very important because if you're rolling Imperial......you'll be losing a lot and it's important you have fun doing it.