View Single Post

Ephesia
12.06.2012 , 09:32 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Sydexlic View Post
Like I said, they can meet all the needs of the players from the advanced to the novice, it just requires progressive changes to the encounters difficulty from launch until it's made accessible to all later on by a series of subtle nerfs week to week.

Whether they do this systematically with an increasing buff that causes NPCs to take 5% more damage that stacks up week to week, or by hand-tuning the encounters to achieve the same thing. That would give us hard-core players the challenge we crave and then allow everyone else their bite of the action when it's been made more accessible a couple of weeks after it goes live.

Surely you can see why that as a group, having cleared the content for the last 2 operations in the first week, we're very disappointed in the PVE Sw:tor is offering.
In my opinion you should try to change your server (when it's available) or try to recruit like minded players for a piece in 16 man action, it really is a diferent level of challenge and I think is the "real" raiding in the game. I understand what you are saying though, but I think it would be a wrong tactic to make a boss only killable by the top 2-3 guilds in the whole game, even if it is for a week. Now 10-15 guilds? More like it.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst