View Single Post

Warren-Stride
12.05.2012 , 08:02 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
O.K., lets see.The Sun Guard are with Plagueis, but that to me leads to weakness. The Sun Guard are a mercenary cult, they protect their lord on the moon of Sojourn, and if they die, he can hire more. But what if the Exchange decided to attack the moon, nullifying the Sun Guard if the siege where successful. The Sun Guard where powerful, but the entire Exchange and a droid army would win. The only Sun Guard left would be those with Plagueis, which probably wouldn't be more than twenty.

What do you think? Are the Sun Guard out of the fight?
Well, first:

The Sun Guards were:
- Melee Ranged
- Skilled warriors
- Rivaled only by Mandos/ Echani

This means that they would be largely ineffective against GO-TO's forces, who mostly use blasters, other than the Gand, who use pikes similar to the Sun Guard's. HK-50 droids would be EXTREMELY effective against the Sun Guard, the warriors couldn't even get close before BOOM! headshot!

I would like to point out two very important Sun Guard defeats:
1.) During the Clone Wars, the Sun Guard's Second Regiment was defeated by a Republic General, Solomahalm, in a battle on the world "Wode".
2.) Asajj Ventress single-handedly wiped out the remaining Sun Guard forces... in their own base.

#1 proves that the Sun Guard can, in fact, be beaten in traditional warfare. And, GO-TO having the extreme numbers and range advantage, he would be able to defeat the Sun Guard just as the Republic did. #2 doesn't really aid this debate, other than to say they are not all powerful, if they were killed by one Sith who also used melee weapons.

Are the Sun Guard out of the fight? I would say that GO-TO's forces could easily overwhelm and defeat the Sun Guards, based on tactical and numerical advantage.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?