View Single Post

BalphoWan
12.05.2012 , 05:38 PM | #1
I feel like Commando heals are gimped when it comes to end game operations. We are built for single target healing, i.e., tank healing. But the problem is that operations in swtor aren't geared toward needing a tank healer and a raid healer like in WoW. So that renders Commando healers inferior to Sage healers in most raid encounters. I have yet to encounter an Ops boss that does not favor a Sage's ability to raid wide heal with Salvation.

However, I think there is an easy fix for this. I think the Devs should get rid of the limitation on the number of players healed by Kolto Bomb. And that is really not a buff at all. Back in 1.3 or 1.4, they changed our Kolto bomb so that it worked on everyone in a 4 man group (i.e., limitation went from 3 players to 4). That was basically aimed at making the Commando a little more effective of an aoe healer. Well, that did us litte good in a raid environment, when you need to heal 8 or 16 plyers at a time sometimes. I feel like if our Kolto Bomb could heal everyone in the raid, just like a Sage can with Salvation, it would level the playing field more. It also would not have an effect whatsoever in anyhting except raid encounters where there are more than 4 players.

I was wondering what other Commando healers thought about this idea?

Of course, I do not PVP, so if someone wants to chime in to give their thoughts on how this would not be possible with respect to balanced PVP, then I am all ears.