***Began about 9 hours ago***
***Updated from about 2 hours ago***
Ok, so far I have managed to test the following (with some credit expenditures from my own credit pouch!):
So far I know:
Items are affected (duh!)
" gear does not seem to be affected.
3) The issue is with crafted
gear only. Gear drops, even sold on the GTN are fine.
" item modifications are not affected.
5) Gear already equipped but then re-equipped are not affected.
6) Companions are not affected by this.
7) Tested on 3 characters (both factions, different AC's (two are same basic but mirrored) same server) and all 3 are affected.
8) This issue occurred once patch: 04/Dec/2012 was implemented and installed.
9) This is an issue across EU and US servers and both across PvE and PvP. (Source: player signatures in this thread)
" or "green
" gear are not affected.
11) The error message indicates this is due to a f2p restriction, even though subscriptions are in place. http://www.flickr.com/photos/9075200...in/photostream
(Image provided by MarkoJinn
on page 2 of this thread)
12) Characters created before and after
patch: 04/Dec/2012 are experiencing this artifact
13) The issue does not
affect unbound "Orange
" gear with unbound artifact
mods before equipping to your character.
14) Space ship upgrades are not
15) The issue is now stickied on the known bugs (Dec 5th edition)
Items and Economy
- Players are currently unable to equip some crafted Artifact (purple) quality items. An error message will be displayed when the player attempts to equip one of the affected items.
Personally, I would like to thank AmberGreen
for updating that sticky today:
Yet to find out:
1) If "epics
" are affected.
2) If this only applies to subscriber accounts or if this also applies to f2p/preferred accounts who have purchased the cartel unlock. (I don't recommend anyone spend money on this, just a nod if you already have or know someone who has these circumstances)
3) If asian pacific servers are affected
4) If commendation "purples
" are affected
5) If bound to legacy (if you can get artifact
gear in BoL!) is affected
6) If any other restrictions have surfaced on subscription accounts.
7) If speeders are also affected (unsure if people can craft artifact
8) If this affects "purple
" gear purchased from the Cartel Store
Tried and failed "work arounds":
1) Relogging characters
2) Restarting the game client.
3) Selling to vendor and buying back
4) Giving to companion, then attempting to place on character once bound.
5) I also heard someone gave an artifact
item to a friend. Neither was unable to equip the weapons (I believe it was a shotgun/scatter gun). trading is not a work around.
6) "Repairing" game files has no affect on this bug. The issue is still present.
7) A combination of both points 3) and 4) does not fix this. I tried binding via companion, selling to vendor and buying the item back, the issue has not been fixed.
8) Swearing at CS representatives on the forums. Thank you non the less for trying, Azola
9) Adding a MK-1 Augment slot
and placing a "blue
" augment does not resolve the issue.
If anyone else has any more info, pls post it on this thread or PM me. I'll update this post for everyones (including BW/EA's benefit.)
We will be deploying a patch and performing an unscheduled maintenance this Thursday, November 6th, 2012. Patch notes will be made available shortly after the servers come back up.
The servers will be down for two hours on Thursday, December 6th, 2012 from 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET/7PM AEDT) until 4AM CST (2AM PST/5AM EST/10AM GMT/11AM CET/9PM AEDT). All game servers will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than two hours, but could be extended.
After the maintenance, please login via the launcher to download the latest patch. If your launcher was open during the maintenance, you must close and reopen it for a fresh login.
Date: Thursday, December 6th, 2012
Time: 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET/7PM AEDT) until 4AM CST (2AM PST/5AM EST/10AM GMT/11AM CET/9PM AEDT)
All game servers will be offline during this period. This game maintenance is expected to take no more than two hours.
Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.
This has been stickied from the General Discussion
page about 10 minutes ago. I would like to thank CourtneyWoods
for the sticky.
NB: I would like to point out this states nothing about the issue in this thread. None the less, seeing as this is an unscheduled maintenance, it warrents attention. If they release patch notes, I'll keep y'all updated