View Single Post

Seena
12.05.2012 , 12:32 PM | #414
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
Sadly without insider knowledge of Bioware's coding, code team, resources, and time constraints we can't really tell how resource intensive a solution would be, but I imagine something as simple as +500 exp when X happens can't be too hard.

I would suggest putting a post in the suggesiton forum for this.

Also, if you haven't already and really feel strongly about this issue, you can ticket/report people you suspect of this and explain in that ticket what they're doing. You'll gain more ground if you watch them for awhile and note down the warzones and the times you see them leave. Bioware may do nothing, but they are the ones with the ability to see if there is a pattern.

Because the definiton of "Exploit" is so broad (as is the one for "Intended") most issues like this fall into a grey category. There is no literature that I've found that prohibits someone leaving for this reason, and many people take the stance "If it doesn't say I -can't- do it, then I can!"

I found the same problem in Tera with their political system and Guild vs. Guild. A few guilds made alt guilds when Tera introduced "Open World GvG contests to control territory" and just farmed their alts to win, while hiding from legitmate guilds. There was nothing in the "rules" that stated you couldn't register two guilds and farm them. Tera's Dev's laughed, told those guilds they should have know better and then punished them.

Also, if you haven't already and really feel strongly about this issue, you can ticket/report people you suspect of this and explain in that ticket what they're doing. You'll gain more ground if you watch them for awhile and note down the warzones and the times you see them leave. Bioware may do nothing, but they are the ones with the ability to see if there is a pattern.
I honestly don't want to start reporting people. The point isn't to go after individuals - just fix the exploit. Some of those who are planning to do this/actively doing it are people I actually like and pvp with regularly - and there's something - well -- less than kosher about selectively reporting people, so, imo it's better to not single out individuals.

As for the action falling into a "grey category" as an exploit -- not buying it. Not buying it one bit. But I totally understand people trying to rationalize crap behavior - it's human nature

MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......