View Single Post

MagusGothica
12.05.2012 , 12:19 AM | #3661
Just wanted to pop in and offer my support. I post very, very infrequently due to a myriad of personal reasons too varied to describe here. However, I've been a long-time lurker on these forums ever since early access. SGR is the one feature that this game lacks in providing me, personally, with a rich and satisfying entertainment experience. I love the game, the storyline, the writing, the gameplay, everything. Free to Play, although I first feared it would ruin my gameplay, actually turned out to add a whole lot to it, adding a variety of exciting new stuff I can do. Like collect cool looking blasters, and sell Crime Lord Packs on the GTN, and even buy some of those elusive Legacy perks that I was always too lazy to farm the credits for (seeing as how I was generally always busy alt-ing).

But when I see people describe how they log in, stare at their character list, and go, can't level that character because the SGR option is my first companion, can't level that character because she's on the planet in which she meets SGR option, etc. etc.... I feel that pain. That's been my experience from day one. Like, I want to play a Bounty Hunter real bad. I played a male one, and the gameplay of the class is basically the most fun thing ever, but... Mako's the first SGR companion for a femBH and... if I level even one level I might miss something. Sucks having to leave all the characters I really really want to play at level one, and being stuck with an Assassin/Shadow instead (because FemConsulars get their SGR option the latest out of all classes). Don't get me wrong, my Shadow is pretty fun too, but... Dammit I want to play my BH.

Well anyways, just know that you've had a silent voice of support here from day one. Admittedly, that doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot, and considering the herculean efforts some of you have gone to in the name of this cause... well, having a guy pop in and say "I read your thread once" can't be all that compelling, but... I'm in the same boat as many of you. I'm just... generally too lazy to log off of my video games or pause my TV shows to type something out to all of you.

I e-mailed GLAAD with markcymru's reply, copy-pasted and altered appropriately (blatantly unoriginal, yes, but that's where that laziness comes in).

I... am truly humbled and inspired by the level of efforts that many of you have put forth in the pursuit of this content. Not only because I want to be able to play a girl that kisses a girl in a video game, but... the implications for real-world equality here. I honestly feel like this is some... Martin Luther King Jr. type stuff we're dealing with here.

I am honored to have been in the presence of such inspiring, courageous people.

Most notably, although I love a lot of you, I have to give special mention to Uluain. That guy... is my hero. Not only is he unflinchingly vocal in his pursuit of equal rights, which is commendable by itself, and displays tremendous courage and depth of character... but the guy's mastery of the English language is second-to-none. That guy... can turn a phrase. Hats off to you, Uluain.

I wish each and every one of you the very best.