Thread: Lag issues
View Single Post

12.04.2012 , 03:25 PM | #360
Quote: Originally Posted by Dargtraln View Post
36 pages, 357 replies, 20k+ views
and only 2 meager replies from BW asking for basic info with no feedback on how the information provided by the players was handled.....

I posted earlier in this thread and since then i had a couple of days off and thus more playtime available.
On those days i played at different times of the day on/off peak times and the diconnects do tend to happen more often during my peak times ( GMT+1 on Red ecplipse server).

I tried to keep track on how and at what point i disconnect.
1) i disconnect when trying to search on the GTN, send a ingame mail or click a vendor. on 9 out of ten occasions the connection bar drops in the red as soon as i click the desired function (eg "search", "send" or the vendor). My latency goes up to 6000-8000-12000ms at which point i get a red "x" and disconnect to the server select screen.

2) Running FP's. In here there is no rime or reason as to when i disconnect. This happened while in combat - everyone stands still besides me, i can activate my abilities but nothing happens. Then the combat (effects) "catches up" on my screen, i see everyone moving again but i STILL disconnect
Or i can disconnect while out of comabt when waiting before a pull. However on these disconnects i had 3 occasions where i log back in after the dc i immediatly get a companion mission complete pop-up. Maybe the trigger for the disconnect is the actual pop-up when the companion missions completes...but this is just a guess

When i disconnect to the server select screen there are also 1 of 2 things that can happen;
1) I reselect my server and can log back with the character i disconnected on. Selecting another character will give me an error message, saying i cant log said character in because the one i dc'd on is still logged into the server
2) I disconnect to the server select screen and immediatly get a error that the server list is unavailable and the game closes by itself

regarding this i made several ingame tickets aswell, all of which where closed after some days with irrelevant answers ,CSR droid who handled these where M0-T0 btw

I hope BW takes notice of ths thread again and provides some feedback on the issue! Because for now the enjoyment playing this game is pretty far fetched
Really well said. Experiencing the exact problems on Red Eclipse Server.