View Single Post

Warren-Stride
12.04.2012 , 06:29 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Concerning the whole download thing - is that even possible? I can't think of a single instance where a droid has made a copy of its memory. So I assume it's impossible, too complex etc especially since planning droids are incredibly complex, however his memory core could be salvaged. Or it could be placed in another droid or something, basically there are lots of decoy tactics he could employ.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/IG-88_assassin_droid

IG-88A was able to completely and totally download its entire personality and memory into three other copies of itself. GO-TO could potencially do the same, not only escaping, but making more of himself as partners and then decoys. His ship was filled with droids of the same type as him, so obviously he has other bodies he could transfer into.

IG-88A actually downloaded his entire personality/memories into the Death Star, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for GO-TO to transfer his data to another body nearby. It seems completely possible to say that GO-TO can either make clones of himself, or transfer (rather quickly it seems) to another body.

EDIT: If our iPhones can "bump" and share photos and information, imagine what could be done in a galaxy with Star Wars tech. (Oh, and as a side note, that isn't GO-TO's original body, so he has transferred before.)