View Single Post

Fornix
12.04.2012 , 04:40 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
I see your point, but I think that considering episodes 1-3 werent hugely well recieved by fans.. that following on an doing more films might have filled him with more trepidation. At least by stepping back and letting others make the decisions for moving the stories forward, he can then contribute from a creative standpoint and not get the blunt of the blame if the films arent successful...

But I do hope that the films marketing might also rub off on our MMO and get people interested all over again.. and even bring back some members who might have left as of late.
I highly doubt fans of the original trilogy are going to enjoy the upcoming Star Wars movies. Regardless of whether George Lucas wrote the stories or not. After all, the story will most likely once more involve fast-paced action scenes, heavy use of CGI, etc. Things which were never welcomed for one, but without a doubt will return.

Additionally, once again it will become a family friendly film, and as such will include story plots and characters which will not be liked by all.

All of which truly was nothing new, but after many original trilogy fans idolized those films so much, they no longer see the hairy ape making funny sounds, or fail to see how much CGI is actually involved in the original trilogy if you think about which time it's made.
Member of <Helix>