View Single Post

kinghtown
12.04.2012 , 04:22 AM | #3
I'm not a huge fan of the Marvel movies, not a huge fan of Marvel Comics in general, but they are good and they are true to the original comics in ways that I appreciate. I would love it, and I think it would be wise, for Disney to buy X-Men off Fox and make a Pixar animated TV show but I digress..

They have wisely been hands-off with Marvel Entertainment and they have been rewarded massively with lots of cash for staying away and letting a no-brainer like true Marvel movies happen.

Disney has been making really smart decisions all across the board except for their own Animation studio which hasn't made a great movie in Decades, it seems. I think they also need to loosen up with their hold on Pixar and let them up the maturity level a bit, at least for every other movie- which to their credit they at least sort of do anyways. John Carter was a huge mistake as well but the movie itself was okay at the end of the day. They are very aware of the disappointment people have had for the last three Star Wars movies and how they have under performed financially compared to the original trilogy. They learned a valuable lesson with Marvel to *STAY AWAY* and they have only made a lot of money in the process. I am convinced they will do the same with the next movies and TV shows for decades to come. Merchandising on the other hand will be ruled with a white glove iron fist

People will probably always love Star Wars. I can't really think of another studio which I'd rather own Star Wars than Disney. Sony? Fox? MGM? You have to admit there has always been a friendship between George Lucas and Disney. At the end of the day I really like that Disney owns Star Wars now.

Star Wars theme park. Pixar animated Star Wars show. Movies without ANY involvement from George Lucas.. only good things will come of this.